|£10.65 - £12 per hour
|Aspire People Limited
Job descriptionSchool Administrator
37 hours per week, 41 weeks per year
Main Purpose of Job
To lead on particular areas of the administration service for the school such as admissions, transition and leavers.
As part of the Admin Team provide effective support for our students and staff.
To provide administrative support or cover which may include, but is not restricted to, reception, the attendance support room (ASR), inclusion and reprographics.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
* Lead on the processing of student in-year admissions and leavers, transition and induction days
* To deal with communication from parents via phone, email or in person
* Support with Sixth Form admissions
* Produce and circulate communications for various internal and external stakeholders
* Take prospective parents and students on tours of the school
* Prepare correspondence and communications to parents and carers via Groupcall
* Assist in the administration of Parents' Evenings and other events
* Make and receive calls with parents and external agencies and deal with these as appropriate
* Ensure effective upkeep of the school databases, updating and archiving data as applicable.
* To deal with general welfare concerns and enquiries from students, parents and external agencies, signposting students to the relevant department or member of staff
* Produce summary reports via the MIS (Bromcom) and Excel
* File management of student records which includes both paper and electronic methods
* Appropriate and regular archiving, according to guidelines, including the electronic M-Store
* Produce bespoke business documents to a high standard
* Compile the admin office's contributions on the school website, including trip letters and curriculum document uploads, calendar updates and general text updates (HTML knowledge not necessary)
* Cover for other members of the Admin Team on their days off to ensure a high-quality level of admin cover is provided all week
* Proof reading
* Copy writing
* Prepare post for despatch and deliver incoming post to staff pigeonholes
* Cover Reception as necessary (Full training will be given)
* Cover the Attendance Support Room (ASR) as necessary (Full training will be given)
* Provision as a first aider for the school
* The postholder is expected to comply with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 and other relevant legislation. Any information they have access to, or are responsible for, must be managed appropriately and any requirements for confidentiality and security observed. Information must not be disclosed to any person or Authority, for example a parent or the Police, without observing the correct procedure for disclosure as set out in the school's Data Protection Policy and Procedure.
* Knowledge of and compliance with relevant school policies and procedures e.g. Health & Safety, No Smoking, Acceptable Use of the Internet, procedure to gain authorisation for expenditure, privacy policies, Child Protection etc.
* Willingness to undertake training /professional development in-house or externally.
* Participation in the performance management system in force for all staff.
Aspire People Limited provides services as an Education Agency and an Education Employment Business. Aspire People is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and expects every candidate to share this commitment. Placements are subject, to appropriate Child Protection screening, including checks with former employers and the Disclosure and Barring Checks.