|Salary:||£25000 - £41000 per annum|
|Contact name:||Aspire People Limited|
Job descriptionAre you a qualified and experienced SENDCO seeking a new challenge within the Nottingham City area?
Our client, a specialist STEM Academy that boasts state of the art facilities is seeking to appoint a dedicated and passionate SENDCO to lead the SEN Provision across the Academy.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The SENDCO will be responsible for the delivery of the following key priorities:
* Identify and adopt the most effective teaching approaches for pupils with SEN
* Monitor teaching and learning activities to meet the needs of pupils with SEN
* Identify and teach study skills that will develop pupils' ability to work independently
* Liaise with other schools to ensure continuity of support and learning when transferring pupils with SEN
* Provide a whole Academy lead on the teaching of SEN
* Set targets for raising achievement among pupils with SEN
* Collect and interpret specialist assessment data
* Set up systems for identifying, assessing and reviewing SEN
* Update the head teacher and governing body on the effectiveness of provision for pupils with SEN
* Develop understanding of learning needs and the importance of raising achievement among pupils
* Attend consultation evenings and keep parents informed about their child's progress
* Encourage all members of staff to recognise and fulfil their statutory responsibilities to pupils with SEN
* Provide training opportunities for learning support assistants and other teachers to learn about SEN
* Disseminate good practice in SEN across the Academy
* Identify resources needed to meet the needs of pupils with SEN and advise the head teacher of priorities for expenditure
* Attend cluster and network meetings as required
* Support the aims and ethos of the Academy
* Attend and participate in open evenings, parents evening and review days
* Uphold the Academy's behaviour code and uniform regulations
* Participate in staff training
* Attend team and staff meetings
* Develop links with governors, LEAs external agencies and neighbouring Academies.
This is a full time, permanent position to start ASAP.
Aspire People is dedicated to helping improve the education of children across the midlands by helping local schools find the perfect staff. We are an ethical supply agency who prides ourselves on delivering a quality service to our clients and candidates
I am keen to talk to all education staff across the East Midlands who are interested in working with Aspire People. If you are interested in finding out more about myself and Aspire People head to our website www.aspirepeople.co.uk
If you feel this position is for you, please apply above and I will be in touch.
Aspire People Limited provides services as an Education Agency and an Education Employment Business. Aspire People is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and expects every candidate to share this commitment. Placements are subject, to appropriate Child Protection screening, including checks with former employers and the Disclosure and Barring Checks.