SEN TEACHING ASSISTANT
|Job title:||SEN TEACHING ASSISTANT|
|Salary:||£65 - £80 per day|
|Contact name:||Aspire People Limited|
Job descriptionAspire People are looking for a SEN Teaching Assistant to support a Year 1 classroom for a school based in Derby DE23. This is a full time position starting on the 1st November 2021 and will be a 1 year contract up until November 2022.
The duties of the role include:
* To work with children and young people who have extremely complex needs and in
some instances life limiting conditions. Providing an appropriate level of emotional
and physical support where necessary;
* To provide support under the direction and supervision of teaching staff to assist
pupils to access the curriculum and participate fully in school activities;
* Support pupils to understand instructions, support independent learning and inclusion
of all pupils;
* Provide support to pupils who have communication difficulties also where English is
an additional language;
* Implement and contribute to planned learning activities/teaching programmes as
agreed with the teacher, adjusting activities according to pupils' responses as
* Participate in planning and evaluation of learning activities with the teacher, providing
feedback to the teacher on pupil progress;
* Support the teacher in behaviour management and keeping pupils on task based on
the expectations for individual pupils;
* Provide support for pupils with challenging behaviour taking account of support plans
and risk assessments under the direct supervision of a teacher;
* Support the teacher in monitoring, assessing and recording pupil progress/activities;
* Provide feedback to pupils in relation to attainment and progress under the guidance
of the teacher;
We are looking for someone who has previous experience working in a mainstream or SEN school working with Autistic children, ADHD, learning difficulties, Social and Emotional Support. They will need to be open to taking on challenges and support the children make progress withing their daily school life.
Aspire People have been working with this school for over 5 years now and the Deputy Head have put their trust in us to get them hardworking and dedicated staff looking to make a difference at the school and within the community.
If you are interested in the role, then click apply and attach your most recent CV.
Please show your recent experiences and training on your CV to be put forward for the role.
Our Primary Consultant Devina Parekh will be in contact. Interviews take place on the 25th October 2021.
Aspire People Limited provides services as an Education Agency and an Education Employment Business. Aspire People is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and expects every candidate to share this commitment. Placements are subject, to appropriate Child Protection screening, including checks with former employers and the Disclosure and Barring Checks.