School Site Manager
|Job title:||School Site Manager|
|Salary:||£25000 - £27000 per annum|
|Contact name:||Aspire People Limited|
Job descriptionSchool Site Manager - Maintenance Caretaker
Are you an experienced Maintenance Professional in Boston looking to transition into the Education sector? Have you got Site experience?
I am currently looking to recruit a Maintenance professional to work on an ongoing temporary basis, supporting the School site team in carrying out day to day general maintenance and site work in a School based in Boston, Lincolnshire.
This opportunity is temporary initially with a view of becoming permanent for the right candidate. This role is to cover 52 weeks of the year, however there is a lot of flexibility within the holiday period. You must be available to begin as soon as possible and flexible with the working hours.
* To liaise closely and support the School Business Manager in their objective of ensuring the efficient and effective day-to-day running, presentation, and management of the school site, ensuring a warm, clean, safe and secure environment for all authorised users of the site and visitors.
* Act as a key holder to support site security.
* To carry out general school maintenance and repairs ensuring these works are carried out in accordance with the relevant Health and Safety legislation to keep the premises in a good state of repair and appearance.
* To be responsible for the general upkeep of the school grounds; ensuring that all boundary areas, entrances, and exits are secure at all times.
* To complete weekly checks to ensure compliance with Health and Safety legislation and guidance.
* Promptly identify and make safe any hazards on site, reporting these to the School Business Manager.
* Liaise with local contractors on site, as required, providing local knowledge and guidance, in order that planned and preventative maintenance schedules can be completed in a timely fashion. Additionally, monitor local contracts as required, deals with any variances directly with contractors.
* Assist with maintaining risk assessments and management plans ensuring that they are up to date and comply with any action plans to rectify any deficiencies identified.
* Have a day to day working relationship with all school staff and co-operate fully with all members of staff.
* Any other duties assigned by the School Business Manager.
You will be required to fully register with us including providing right to work documents along with obtaining an Enhanced Child Workforce DBS that will be processed by us but comes at a cost (unless you already have one registered on the update service). Please only apply if you are able to do this.
You will be supported by me, Hayley Rayworth. I am Aspire People's Office & Technical consultant for the Lincolnshire area. Whether you are seeking temporary or permanent work, I will be able to assist you in finding the perfect position. I offer excellent rates of pay and I will be on hand to offer support throughout assignments.
I am keen to speak to experienced caretakers who are interested in working in a forward-thinking schools. Please apply above and I will be in touch in due course. Alternatively, if you know of anybody who might be interested in this position then we offer generous referral fees!
If you are interested in finding out more about Aspire People visit our website at www.aspirepeople.co.uk
Aspire People Limited provides services as an Education Agency and an Education Employment Business. Aspire People is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and expects every candidate to share this commitment. Placements are subject, to appropriate Child Protection screening, including checks with former employers and the Disclosure and Barring Checks.