School Business Manager - Immediate Start
|Job title:||School Business Manager - Immediate Start|
|Industry:||Secondary SEN Primary Early Years|
|Salary:||£32000 - £36000 per annum|
|Contact name:||Aspire People Limited|
Job descriptionAspire People
Business Operations Manager
Grade 5 £32,665 - £36,445 per annum
36.5 hours per week/ Term Time only plus 2 weeks holiday working
Start - Immediately
Are you a talented School Business Operations Manager currently seeking a new opportunity in Birmingham from March 2021?
Aspire People are working closely within a Multi Academy Trust in North Birmingham who are recruiting a full time Business Operations Manager to be based at one of their SEN schools. The successful applicant will have strong experience working as a School Business Operations Manager, ideally within a MAT. If you are a driven Business Operations Manager who is looking for a new challenge, then this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
To support with the acquisition and incorporation of new establishments into the MAT and to support the COO with the Multi Academy Trust's (MAT) day-to-day operations and implement strategies set by the Board of Trustees and the Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
1.0 Main duties/responsibilities
* Support with tender processes of any new establishments into the MAT.
* Support with the implementation of processes in new establishments to ensure they adhere to the policies and procedures of the MAT.
* Support with the financial management of the establishments within the MAT.
* Support with the Human Resource (HR) functions of the establishments within the MAT.
* Support with the tender process across the MAT.
* Actively contribute to the MAT Development Plan, making meaningful and considered suggestions in areas where the MAT requires them most.
* Promote the highest standards of business efficiency within the administrative function of the MAT.
* Be a positive and proactive advocate of the MAT's continued progress and success and attend meetings when required to present information to the Senior Leadership Team (SLT), Executive Leadership Team (ELT), COO, CEO and MAT Trust Board.
* Undertake relevant responsibilities as delegated by the COO, CEO or MAT Trust Board.
* Be a highly involved member of the MAT's community and be active in aspects of school life, including developing positive relationships with staff, pupils and parents, ensuring high standards of discipline etc.
2.0 Financial management
* Support with the day-to-day financial and operation of establishments within the MAT, including long-term forecasting, budgeting, monitoring, benchmarking and risk management.
* Adhere to all financial regulations (specifically SORP), schemes of delegation, financial procedures and internal control measures including receipt, safekeeping and banking of all monies received.
* Support with the preparation of budgets and monitoring.
* Prepare statutory accounts for establishments within the MAT and support with the preparation of the consolidated accounts for presentation to the Board of Trustees.
* Organise financial inspections by internal and external auditors, taking action on any recommendations.
* Monitor SLA's and contracts to ensure VFM and Best Value are achieved at all times.
* Keep up-to-date with the latest changes to financial policy and funding opportunities.
3.0 Administration management
* Work with and maintain administrative systems, ensuring that maximum efficiency is achieved.
* Handle sensitive and/or confidential data, in adherence with relevant data protection regulations.
* Remain up-to-date with DfE statutory guidance and legislation that impacts upon the MAT.
* Support with the planning and implementation of organisational change.
* Have a knowledge and understanding of GDPR and how it will impact upon the MAT's practices, in liaison with the DPO.
* Understand the management information systems that is used across the MAT and remain up-to-date on new technologies that may be more efficient.
4.0 HR management
* Support the HR function within the MAT ensuring the relevant HR policies are adhered to.
* Be actively involved in the recruitment process of new staff, being able to identify the skills, knowledge and understanding that will be required of candidates.
* Prepare salary forecasts to demonstrate affordability and sustainability of staffing structures required.
* Support with the professional development, appraisal and training of admin staff.
* Work with payroll software, offering guidance to colleagues on this where appropriate.
* To assist the SLT, ELT and relevant staff members in ensuring that the MAT meets all statutory obligations.
* Be a point of contact for the COO, CEO, SLT, ELT and MAT Trust Board in regard to employment law and associated matters, including updates to policies and procedures.
5.0 Facility and property management
* Manage contract services ensuring they remain consistently effective.
* Ensure facilities are kept in good repair and meet relevant safety and sustainability standards.
* Oversee lettings, ensuring that they meet legal requirements, such as those in relation to British values and safeguarding legislation, and that the lettings do not damage the MAT's ethos.
You will be supported by me, James Kearney. I am Aspire People's Senior Office & Technical consultant and have been supplying non-teaching staff to schools in Birmingham for the past 5 years. Whether it is temporary or permanent work that you are looking for, then I will be able to assist you. I offer excellent rates of pay and I will be on hand to offer support throughout assignments.
I am keen to speak to experienced School Business Operations Managers who are interested in working in this forward thinking school. Please apply above and I will be in touch. Alternatively, if you know of anybody who might be interested then we offer generous referral fees!
To find out more about Aspire People head to our website www.aspirepeople.co.uk
*Please note that applicants must have experience within school business management and have a DBS on the update service, or be willing to pay for a new one to be processed*
Aspire People Limited provides services as an Education Agency and an Education Employment Business. Aspire People is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and expects every candidate to share this commitment. Placements are subject, to appropriate Child Protection screening, including checks with former employers and the Disclosure and Barring Checks.