School Attendance Officer
|Job title:||School Attendance Officer|
|Salary:||£12.00 - £14.00 per hour|
|Contact name:||Aspire People Limited|
Job descriptionAspire people are recruiting for an experienced school administrator for one of our schools in Birmingham.
Although we are looking for someone with the relevant attendance experience. I would be happy to speak with experienced school administrators that are looking to get into attendance.
Attendance Officer - Complete attendance daily including any first day absence calls. This includes:
● Input attendance data and investigating any missing data, and maintaining accurate attendance
records, including Covid related absences and unexplained lesson absences.
● To ensure the electronic registration system is updated daily investigating any missing data with
● To record student absences and late arrivals on SIMS, maintaining accurate attendance records.
● To make initial enquiries with parents/carers regarding unexplained absences/lateness -
including first day calling.
● To monitor the attendance of students referring concerns to the Pastoral Leaders.
● Promote good attendance within the school.
● To process and action student holiday requests.
● To issue routine correspondence to parents/carers regarding attendance/absence requests in
accordance with the school procedure.
● To assist the Assistant Headteacher's with the administration of referrals to the education
welfare service/issuing of penalty notices.
● To undertake routine liaison with external agencies regarding attendance - eg EWO/Attendance
● To collate attendance data producing routine reports and prepare statistical returns regarding
attendance and submit to reporting bodies where appropriate.
● To comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security,
confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
● Represent MGGS at regular Attendance Officers meetings.
● Liaise with Heads of Study and Assistant Headteachers over attendance concerns.
● Responsible for identifying attendance issues and patterns of absence/late arrivals.
● Contact with parents over all aspects of attendance including written correspondence when
● Produce attendance reports for Heads of Study on a weekly basis and other individual reports
● Liaise with external agencies over persistent absence or other attendance issues.
● Attend meetings with external agencies and parents as required.
● Complete administration task as directed by the line manager.
Aspire People Limited provides services as an Education Agency and an Education Employment Business. Aspire People is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and expects every candidate to share this commitment. Placements are subject, to appropriate Child Protection screening, including checks with former employers and the Disclosure and Barring Checks.