|Job title:||Exams Officer|
|Salary:||£21000 - £26000 per annum|
|Contact name:||Aspire People Limited|
Job descriptionExaminations Officer needed for a secondary school in Newcastle Under Lyme - 37 hours per week
Aspire People are looking to recruit an exams officer for a secondary school in Newcastle Under Lyme. We are seeking to appoint a suitably qualified person to co-ordinate the efficient and effective running of the Examination Office.
Although, school/exams experience is preferred, it is not essential. The successful candidate should
* Have excellent communication and organisation skills
* Have accuracy and good attention to detail
* Have the ability to work to deadlines
The role is full time, 37 hours per week, 39 weeks per year, including 5 days of holiday working to coincide with examination results days.
The salary range is £21,000-£26,000 dependent on experience.
The school has been rated as 'Good' by Ofsted, most recently in January 2018.
There is the expectation that extra hours will be worked during the main exam period and so some flexibility will be required, in turn mutually agreed holidays can be agreed within term time.
* To support the Vice Principal - Development/Assistant Principal School Improvement in the
provision of an efficient and effective examinations process for the school
* To issue and collect forms to/from teaching staff for the collation of information regarding
estimated and actual examinations entries
* To input entries data to the School's computerized management information system (SIMS)
* Distribute check lists to teaching staff and update SIMS with any amendments
* Check and collate results certificates
* Issue "Statements of Entry", timetable and invoices to pupils
* Distribute examination results to pupils and staff as appropriate
* Assist in the preparation of exam rooms, including putting candidate numbers on exam tables
* Maintain spreadsheet records of results enquiries
* Liaise with the School's pool of external invigilators to discuss availability and preparing
schedules for exam invigilation
* General photocopying
* Answering telephone queries
* Liaison with students and staff re: queries
* Examination invigilation
* To undertake any other duties as may be commensurate with the grade in order to ensure the
smooth running of the school
Aspire People Limited provides services as an Education Agency and an Education Employment Business. Aspire People is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and expects every candidate to share this commitment. Placements are subject, to appropriate Child Protection screening, including checks with former employers and the Disclosure and Barring Checks.