|Job title:||Data Manager|
|Industry:||Secondary SEN Primary Early Years|
|Salary:||£24982 - £27041 per annum|
|Contact name:||Aspire People Limited|
Job descriptionAre you an experienced school data manager based in Matlock looking for a new challenge?
Aspire People are currently recruiting for a Grade 6 School Data Manager to work for a school based in Matlock. The Data Manager will be responsible for the overall management of pupil and staff data and analysis of a range of data across the school.
The position is full time, 37 hours per week 8am - 4pm (3.30pm Friday), 52 weeks per year and to start ASAP. Initially on a temporary basis but with potential to become permanent for the right candidate.
Statement of Purpose
To provide a comprehensive range of data management, analysis and administrative services for external and internal use. To support SLT on all matters relating to performance data, developing a consistent, clear, school wide approach and offering support and challenge to staff and governors in their use of and inference from data.
* SBO Exams
Support to Data Management, MIS and Timetabling
* Keep up to date with developments in accountability measures and their likely impact on the school. Make this information available to support SLT.
* Have overall responsibility for ensuring the school has an integrated MIS approach, eg ensuring consistency, accuracy, integrity and timeliness of data input to the School's Management Information system (SIMS) eg start of year, creation of mark sheets for assessment data entry.
* Review, monitor, implement and develop systems and strategies to support and enhance the development of the school's MIS and data tracking systems.
* Work to complete appropriate returns to DfE, LA and other statutory bodies, eg completion of census returns.
* Assist with reporting on and analysing external examination results and in-year student progress data, to a variety of audiences including SLT, Governors, LA, EMET and staff.
* Support and train staff in their use and understanding of data.
* Provide school wide data analysis and evaluation e.g. linking students' progress to their behaviour and attendance.
* Contribute to whole school self-evaluation.
* Support governing board by providing information that enables them to exercise their strategic responsibilities regarding analyses of performance and data.
* Interrogation of data to provide analysis and comparison of information on the achievement of groups eg pupil premium and the school's overall performance.
* Assist with the construction and maintenance of the school timetable, and with the school's options process.
Support for Student Progress
* Prepare student assessment data systems and ensure printing and collation of student reports.
* Manage and promote best practice of internal assessment and student tracking procedures.
* Analyse key trends and inconsistencies in data around student progress and support colleagues in their use of this data.
You will be supported by me, Georgina Longhorne. I am Aspire People's Office & Technical consultant for the Staffordshire and Derbyshire areas. Whether you are seeking temporary or permanent work, I will be able to assist you in finding the perfect position. I offer excellent rates of pay and I will be on hand to offer support throughout assignments.
I am keen to speak to experienced data managers who are interested in working in a forward-thinking school. Please apply above and I will be in touch in due course. Alternatively, if you know of anybody who might be interested in this position then we offer generous referral fees!
If you are interested in finding out more about Aspire People visit our website at www.aspirepeople.co.uk
*Please note that applicants must have a DBS on the update service, or be willing to pay £47.20 for a new one to be processed*
Aspire People Limited provides services as an Education Agency and an Education Employment Business. Aspire People is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and expects every candidate to share this commitment. Placements are subject, to appropriate Child Protection screening, including checks with former employers and the Disclosure and Barring Checks.
Sign in or register here to receive emails about new jobs like these
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C