|Job title:||Cover Supervisor|
|Salary:||£60 - £70 per day|
|Contact name:||Aspire People Limited|
Job descriptionAre you looking for more experience to enhance your teacher training?
Are you looking for flexible, ad hoc work to do alongside your studying?
Do you enjoy making a difference in children's lives?
If you answered YES to any of these questions, then Damon at Aspire People wants to talk to you!
Aspire People are looking for Cover Supervisors to work in our excellent schools across Birmingham and Solihull, this is due to an increased work load we are seeing from the area.
What is a Cover Supervisor?
A Cover Supervisor is a suitably-trained school staff who supervise pupils carrying out pre-prepared exercises when teaching staff are on short-term absence. The cover supervisor's main job is to manage a classroom, ensuring that students remain on task with the work they have been set.
What does being a Cover Supervisor entail?
Cover supervision varies significantly depending on whether the role is undertaken in a primary, secondary or special school. Existing staff who are asked to undertake cover supervision should be given the option of taking it on as a role in itself or as part of a role. The role should not require any active teaching, marking or planning. Duties may include:
* Supervising work that has been set in accordance with the school policy
* Managing the behaviour of pupils while they are undertaking this work to ensure a constructive environment
* Responding to any questions from pupils about process and procedures
* Dealing with any immediate problems or emergencies according to the school's policies and procedures
* Collecting any completed work after the lesson and returning it to the appropriate teacher
* Reporting back as appropriate using the school's agreed referral procedures on the behaviour of pupils during the class, and any issues arising
Being a Cover Supervisor has many positive attributes, these include:
* Flexible working hours and days to suit any needs
* Give you the experience you need to enhance your studies as a Teacher
* To give you reassurance that being a teacher is the right career path for you
* Supplement your studies
This really is a brilliant opportunity to get the experience you need, but don't just take my word for it. 'I can only thank Damon and Aspire People for giving me the opportunity to gain the vital experience I needed along side my studies. As a full-time student I only had a couple of days free every week and this was just what I needed to fill those days, and of course it was very handy earning a bit of extra spending money to supplement my studies. I would recommend Damon and Aspire People to anyone who is debating being a Teacher or is currently studying to be a Teacher' Christie - Student at Birmingham University
If you are interested in finding out more about Aspire People, then head to our website www.aspirepeople.co.uk
Aspire People Limited provides services as an Education Agency and an Education Employment Business. Aspire People is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and expects every candidate to share this commitment. Placements are subject, to appropriate Child Protection screening, including checks with former employers and the Disclosure and Barring Checks.