SEND Teaching Assistant
|Job title:||SEND Teaching Assistant|
|Industry:||Secondary SEN Primary Early Years|
|Salary:||£75 - £100 per day + Depending on experience|
|Contact name:||Aspire People Limited|
Job descriptionTeaching Assistant with Experience in Therapeutic Interventions for SEMH Students
We are seeking a dedicated and compassionate Teaching Assistant with a strong background in delivering therapeutic interventions and experience working with students with Social, Emotional, and Mental Health (SEMH) needs. This is an exciting opportunity to make a positive impact on the lives of young learners, providing them with the support and guidance they need to thrive academically and emotionally.
* Collaborate with the classroom teacher and other professionals to create a nurturing and inclusive learning environment for students with SEMH needs.
* Deliver tailored therapeutic interventions and support strategies to help students develop their emotional regulation, social skills, and overall well-being.
* Assist in the implementation of Educational Healthcare plans (EHPs) and behaviour support plans, providing consistent and targeted interventions to promote positive outcomes.
* Work closely with students on a one-on-one basis or in small groups to provide academic support, ensuring their specific learning needs are met.
* Foster a positive and respectful relationship with students, establishing trust and rapport to enhance their engagement and motivation.
* Monitor and record students' progress, behaviour, and emotional well-being, reporting any concerns to the appropriate professionals.
* Collaborate with colleagues to create and adapt teaching resources, ensuring they meet the diverse needs of students with SEMH requirements.
* Support students during transitions and challenging situations, providing guidance and de-escalation techniques when necessary.
* Previous experience working as a Teaching Assistant, preferably with a focus on supporting students with SEMH needs.
* Knowledge of therapeutic interventions and techniques for addressing emotional and behavioural challenges in educational settings.
* Understanding of different learning styles and the ability to adapt teaching strategies to meet individual students' needs.
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build positive relationships with students, parents, and colleagues.
* Patience, empathy, and resilience when working with students who may exhibit challenging behaviours.
* Excellent organisational skills, including the ability to maintain accurate records and report on students' progress.
* A relevant qualification in education or a related field is desirable but not essential.
* An enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check will be required.
We offer a supportive and collaborative working environment, where your expertise in therapeutic interventions will be highly valued. This is an opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of students with SEMH needs and contribute to their educational and emotional development.
If you are passionate about working with SEMH students, possess the necessary skills and experience, and are committed to their well-being and success, we invite you to apply.
Please submit your CV and a cover letter outlining your relevant experience and why you believe you would be a great fit for this position.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Our school is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds and abilities.
Aspire People Limited provides services as an Education Agency and an Education Employment Business. Aspire People is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and expects every candidate to share this commitment. Placements are subject, to appropriate Child Protection screening, including checks with former employers and the Disclosure and Barring Checks.